Friday, January 20, 2017

Recruiting 2017--James Alston

Scout.com image
JUCO Football Frenzy reports UMass is targeting James Alston, a 6-7 305 pound OT from Grossmont C.C. in CA.

Twitter announcement here.

Hudl.com has video.

Partial quote from a 11/29 Scout.com article by Scott Eklund:

"For a guy my size, I have really quick feet and I move them really well," Alston noted when asked to describe his game. "My first three kicks (kick steps) are explosive and then I have long arms, so that helps me keep guys out of the backfield and it gives my quarterback time to throw the ball down the field."
Alston's journey is an interesting one.

After completing a solid prep career in Hackinsack, New Jersey, Alston signed with Virginia Union, a Division Two program, but he wasn't happy there, so after his redshirt season, he decided to leave and moved out west to get a fresh start."

Alston has offers from Purdue and Texas State.